Location: Camp Hill, PA
Design Group Manager / Project Manager / Sr. Project Manager
Performs engineering on project plans for both private and public sector clients. Responsible for the overall engineering of the project, plan preparation, permitting, reports, etc. Client contact, marketing, and supervision may be included in the responsibilities of this position.
Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs engineering design projects. Has primary technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial problems. Maintains relationships with individuals within or outside the organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the field.
Performs calculations. Verifies design computations and plan detailing for conformance with codes, manuals, and design considerations. Visits project sites to review conditions as appropriate. Coordinates with other team members during preliminary and final document preparation for conformance to standards and code requirements.
Communicates with internal and external clients using good verbal and written skills. Knowledgeable in using industry accepted engineering and design software. Acts as a technical advisor to less experienced team members.
Prepares draft correspondence, technical specifications, and reports. Attends and participates in client meetings, as appropriate. Communicates with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to project.
May involve travel to collect field data, monitoring construction progress, and participation at plan in hand reviews, client meetings, and public hearings or interview presentations. May involve other duties as assigned.
Understands and follows approved CADD and Graphics Standards. Adheres to approved procedures for control of documents and records. Maintains schedules and offers progress reports.
Reviews all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting it to Project Manager for review. Uses corporate check sheets set up for quality control on each project.
Provides an accurate accounting of time spent on projects with descriptions for each time entry on a weekly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania and/or Maryland or ability to obtain one through application and testing within one (1) year or ability to obtain Maryland and Pennsylvania licenses through comity within six months is required.
- Four to eight years of progressive work experience and design in the engineering field; Priority will be given to applicants with recent experience in either Maryland and/or Pennsylvania.
- Proficiency with MicroStation is required.
- Proficiency with InRoads and/or OpenRoads design software is required.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/CIVIL 3D is a plus.
- Strong computer skills and conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills required.
Strong experience with the following design disciplines is required:
- Stormwater Management design in Pennsylvania and/or Maryland.
- Erosion and Sediment Control design in Pennsylvania and/or Maryland.
- Roadway design in Pennsylvania and/or Maryland.
- Drainage design in Pennsylvania and/or Maryland.
- Traffic design in Pennsylvania and/or Maryland.
- Traffic Modeling, Signal Design, and Roundabout Design experience is highly
Affiliations with Professional Engineering Organizations is encouraged.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
C C Johnson & Malhotra, P.C.
Attn: G. Joseph
9210 Corporate Blvd, Suite 370
Rockville, MD 20850
Fax: (240) 683-6650