Requirements: Masters Degree in Civil or Construction Management Engineering
Special Requirements: At least 3 years’ experience applying project management knowledge and skills on multi-year construction projects, experience with document management systems and project management tools, PMP certification.
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in engineering projects by oversight of the preparation and subsequent management of project schedules using critical path method (CPM) and other advanced project management tools and techniques.
- Oversee / monitor / review/ approve project activities, claims and change orders, progress reporting, payments and other contract administration functions.
- Assess project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs and market demand.
- Interact with upper management, production or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Present and explain proposals, reports or findings to clients.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specification.
- Review, recommend or approve contracts or cost estimates.
- Prepare budgets, presentations, bids or contracts.
- Utilize cost and schedule controls to help manage fiscal and schedule aspects of one or more multi-year capital projects.
- Develop and implement policies, standards or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Direct site planning and layout, cost estimating, planning and scheduling, management, materials procurement, equipment selection, cost control and quality management once project starts.
- Review field audits to verify work is progressed appropriately.
- Utilize best practices for project management backed up by research and market study provided by the Project Management Institute or its peers.
- Supervise the maintenance of project records and files using document management and project management software.
- Manage one to several projects at a time depending on the size and complexity of a project.
- Nurture client relationships.
Work Location: Hyattsville, Maryland and Hunt Valley, Maryland
C C Johnson & Malhotra, P.C.
Attn: G. Joseph
9210 Corporate Blvd, Suite 370
Rockville, MD 20850
Fax: (240) 683-6650