This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing transportation engineering company in the Baltimore area. CCJM has an immediate need for a full-time Structural Engineer/Bridge Inspection Team Leader to provide NBIS hands-on condition assessment of existing bridges, perform load ratings, and develop contract documents for repair or rehabilitation of existing bridges or design of new bridges. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing direction to engineering technicians and providing quality control reviews of their work; coordinating field and office work; coordinating structural design work with other disciplines.
- BS in Civil Engineering (Structural Emphasis) or related field from an ABET-accredited college;
- 5 to 10 years relevant, recent experience in the field of bridge inspection and design;
- Successful completion of NHI-130055 (Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges) or NHI-130053 (Bridge Inspection Refresher Training) within the last 4 years;
- Successful completion of NHI-130078 (Fracture Critical Inspection Techniques for Steel Bridges) within the last 4 years;
- Must be capable of working at heights or during inclement weather, able to lift or carry up to 50 pounds, and able to operate access equipment safely;
- At least 5 years of NBIS hands-on bridge design and inspection experience;
- At least 1 year as an NBIS-qualified Team Leader in accordance with 23 CFR 650, Subpart C;
- A Maryland PE or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Experience in analysis and design of bridges, structures and structural computer models using such programs as SAP2000, MDX, MIDAS, STAAD, RISA, PennDOT suite of Design and Analysis software, such as BAR7, BOX5, ABUT5, etc.
- Familiarity with AASHTO, ACI, AISC, ASCE 7.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook);
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Successful completion of permit-required confined space training (OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146) within the last 4 years (must be instructor-led);
- Experience in element level inspection and reporting for MDOT SHA, MDOT MTA, MDTA or other State and local agencies in Maryland;
- Familiarity with MDOT SHA, MDOT MTA, MDOT MPA, MDTA guidelines for design, preparation and delivery of Contract Documents;
- MicroStation and/or AutoCAD experience;
- Successful completion of NHI-130087 (Inspection and Maintenance of Ancillary Highway Structures);
- Successful completion of OSHA 10-hour Construction Training;
- PennDOT CBI;
- Experience with contract document development for PennDOT, PA Turnpike Commission, and/or PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR);
- Teaching and/or coaching experience.
CCJM will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) for this position, including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
C C Johnson & Malhotra, P.C.
Attn: G. Joseph
9210 Corporate Blvd, Suite 370
Rockville, MD 20850
Fax: (240) 683-6650