Project Location: Bowery Bay Wastewater Treatment Plant, 4301 Berrian Blvd, Astoria, NY 11105
Electrical Inspector (Full-Time): 2/1/2020 – 1/29/2024 (Estimated).
An experienced electrical inspector (with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience) shall inspect all electrical work described and shown in the construction contract documents. The electrical inspector shall use his or her best professional efforts to safeguard the Client/Owner against defects and deficiencies in the installation of the electrical work whether the work performed by the contractor conforms to the construction contract documents. At a minimum, the work shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Review the electrical field test procedures submitted by the construction contractor.
- Monitor the installation of all electrical equipment and attend any preliminary and final field tests.
- Analyze the results and determine the acceptability of field tests in conformance with the construction documents.
- Ensure the installation of any electrical work conforms to the electrical code.
- If the electrical inspector witnesses an installation not to contract or electrical code, they are responsible to bring this to the Construction Manager’s attention.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive photographic log of the progress of the electrical work.
- Prepare and maintain daily inspection reports for the work performed during the duration construction.
- Assist with the preparation and negotiation of change orders, as needed.
- Assist with project closeout activities, as needed.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of any construction issues that may occur, as needed.
- Inspect all electrical work for a final inspection and develop punch lists, as required.
- Identify and log all observed incidents of non-conformance to the contract documents.
C C Johnson & Malhotra, P.C.
Attn: G. Joseph
9210 Corporate Blvd, Suite 370
Rockville, MD 20850
Fax: (240) 683-6650